Appia uses advanced techniques stemming from leading-edge operations research in order to :
- Extract valuable information from big data
- Gain in-depth understanding of interactions in the network
- Manage most departures automatically
- Improve responsiveness to opportunities and risks
"...…the application of advanced analytical methods to help make better decisions."
Built-in automation and Intelligence
At the heart of Appia's architecture is a set of automation and intelligence tools that perform the forecasting and optimizations functions based on advanced operations research.
How it works
Appia's automation and intelligence tools work by looking at what happened in the past and predicting what will happen in the future by simulating a variety of scenarios. Using this information, Appia generates a set of inventory controls designed to maximize the amount of possible revenue in every departure.
Appia uses simulation to take into account business guidelines and objectives to ensure the inventory controls are aligned with corporate objectives and policies.
As a result, Appia not only generates more realistic and useful inventory allocations, but it can also handle changes in the order and rate of arrival of bookings, in addition to changes in capacity, equipment, schedule and routing.
Most revenue management solutions analyze historical data to predict future demand independently for each product. Appia does much more:
- Models customer choices accurately by analyzing customers’ past behaviour
- Seizes buy-up opportunities based on choices available at different times
- Groups trains with similar demand patterns automatically
- Accounts for seasonality
- Uses advanced forecasting techniques
Most revenue management solutions identify ideal seat allocations based on the forecast demand, and apply simple business constraints to get seat allocations.
Appia goes much further...
- Simulates multiple demand scenarios using advanced forecasts
- Integrates business objectives prior to optimization
- Recommends realistic allocations that satisfy business objectives
- Uses powerful and efficient transport-specific RM algorithms
- Works with different types of inventory controls
Appia uses two different optimization modes -- rule-based and forecast-based -- that can be used independently or in combination. It lets you optimize your seat inventory to achieve a range of objectives including total revenue, unit revenue, load factor, competitive pricing, and market share.
What Appia Operations Automation & Intelligence Does for You
- Labor intensive tasks are automated
- Complex business realities are integrated in a simple way
- Customer behaviour is leveraged to increase revenue
- Appia adapts and evolves with your needs